Resources to Support Black Communities
Black lives matter. We grieve and honor George Floyd, Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, Ahmaud Arbery, and all of the Black lives lost to police brutality and white supremacy. We can’t ignore the systemic inequality that has and continues to hurt Black communities in this country.
If you are searching for ways to help and stand up for Black communities, here are 6 things we are doing and ways you can support:
- Read the 10 Steps to Non-Optical Allyship.
- Donate if you have the means:
- Educate yourself on racism in America. Here’s a list of resources to help you get started (and whenever possible purchase from a Black-owned bookstore).
- Be mindful when sharing images of police brutality and violence against Black people.
- Register to vote. Local and state elections have an influence on race issues. Research your local candidates, propositions, and issues before voting.
- Spend your money at Black-owned businesses and check out the Black Wall Street Directory.
We invite and encourage you to take as much action as you are able to. Let’s support one another as we demand an equitable future.
Snowball Wealth Team